Diablo 3 Barbarian Stats & Gear Guide
Barbarian Stats and Attributes
Diablo 3 includes several character stat attributes, including 4 core stats. Each class has one primary core attribute. Character stat attributes are not assigned by the player, but allocated to the character automatically. As the character progresses and levels up, stat attributes increase. Details on the rate at which stat attributes increase has yet to be disclosed.
The primary stat attribute for the Barbarian is Strength, it determines the power of attacks executed by the Barbarian and also increases Armor. According to Blizzard, targeting stats at specific classes reduces the extent of item overlap and increases the diversity of the item pool, thus making it easier for players to conclude if an item is useful or not for their character.
Barbarian Gear Progression
Like most Blizzard games, progression in Diablo 3 is as much about Gear as it is about level. Stats and attributes are no longer allocated by players, but increase automatically as characters level up. While these stats and attributes do contribute to the magnitude of skill damage, the primary variable effecting skill damage is itemized Weapons damage.
Despite unified gear progression across the classes, gear itemization and class-specific items allow for diversity beyond skills defined by class, talent builds and Runestones. Armor and weapons unique to the Barbarian include Mighty Belts and Mighty Weapons.
Barbarian Stats Priorities
The primary core stat for Barbarian is Strength. The Strength attribute increases the damage output of the Barbarian and increases the amount of armor the Barbarian retains.
Strength is the core stat/attribute of the Barbarian class.
- Strength determines the power of attacks executed by your Barbarian
- Strength determines the amount of Armor your Barbarian possesses
Dexterity is the core stat/attribute of the Demon Hunter and Monk classes.
- Dexterity determines the power of attacks executed by the Witch Doctor and the Monk
- Dexterity determines the ability of your Barbarian to dodge
Intellect is the core stat/attribute of the Witch Doctor and Wizard classes.
- Intellect determines the power of spells cast by the Witch Doctor and the Wizard
- Intellect determines the amount of health your Barbarian gains from Health Globes
Vitality is the core stat/attribute that directly affects the health pool of all Diablo 3 classes.
- Vitality determines the amount of Health your Barbarian possess